Media Project

Neuro Course Assignment:
During my neuro course, I have had the opportunity to complete many fun and enlightening assignments. The media project, however, might have been the most challenging. We were basically given very little instruction and limitations for the assignment, which can be intimidating. But, it also gave us freedom to use our creative ideas to our best ability to help our specifically assigned client. I really enjoyed getting to think outside the box on this one!

Reflection:
This media project was challenging. As I was creating a tool that needed to tailor to my client’s specific needs, I thought about how creative Jane seemed to be and how I would want her to be able to continue her creative passions, even if it is in a somewhat different way. This is why I chose to use the tennis ball to create a grip for the paintbrush, so the client can continue to work with her pottery she has completed. During this assignment I had to think about the occupations my client enjoys, while also considering how to incorporate a very specific material into her intervention plan. As an occupational therapist, using our creative thoughts and ideas is highly important for our clients to individualize their intervention and ensuring they are participating in meaningful activities. One major component that I gained from this project is that adaptive equipment really doesn’t have to be this expensive gear, but instead can be simple things you can find within your home. As OTs we should always consider the best and even cheapest possible equipment for our client’s needs.

Product: Tennis ball -- hole cut through middle to create a grip for the paint brush.





















Board:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mock Interview

Nutrition & Aging